Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Simple Sage Spaghetti

Clearly I love sage.  It's not intentional nor is it a current obsession it just so happened my first two posts revolve around sage!  How refreshing it has been to be able to write again, besides the notes I take in a spiral.  My love for writing came to me while I was in New York City, to those who know me this isn't a surprise and those who don't this potentially is a shocker, but I use to be an overly rambunctious comedian.  My material was inspired around using others as a stage for my comedic performance.  I genuinely enjoyed making fun of others.  Fortunate for those victims and most importantly myself, this changed over a course of 24 pages.  Through which I forever changed my life and entered a state of peace and appreciation for anyone who enters my life.  KNOWing that this was clearly a miracle I decide to forever practice love as a gift back to the Earth for what it gives me.  Life.  What's even more astonishing is that the Earth has so much for me to appreciate, every moment I can't stop but smile, I've lived nearly 21 years and have missed so much, no room for remorse because that would only create a vail of regret blinding me from the moment I actually am in. I'm so stunned that there are people who miss this beauty, but there is room for them to step out and watch the Earth as it creates miracles.  I step outside and watch the wind blow against the leaves of a tree, it's power so strong, I realize every moment of my life is no different.  Situations (wind) may push me but my being(leaves) always remain the same, relaxed at ease(tree).  And this is what I feel when I pull the drawer out to view all my herbs and veggies, these are being, we handle them and cut them, but do they loose what they have always had?  No, because who they are will never change.  While I cook, I remember who I am will never change, maybe the situations and maybe my actions, but who I am will always remain constant.

So next time you cook or even right now, silently thank the Earth, give back to it by loving what you are doing.  Cooking.


Simple Sage Spaghetti


Recipe (this recipe feeds 5)

  • 1lb spaghetti noodles
  • 1lb All-Natural Jimmy Dean Sausage
  • 24 ounce of favorite tomato sauce or self made sauce
  • 4 tablespoons rubbed sage
  • 1 teaspoon Olive Oil


1) Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large pot, put 1 teaspoon of olive oil before it reaches boiling point.

2) On medium heat, place whole sausage in a medium skillet. Watch it while it cooks, turn the sausage as often as possible stripping the cooked pieces down and introducing the raw to the heated skillet. When it is grounded and separated, lightly sprinkle the sage evenly around the sausage.



3) Once water is boiling place noodles in pot, whether you split in half or leave noodles whole quickly stir in so they are evenly cooked.  Let them boil for about 15 minutes, scraping the bottom every 5 minutes so the noodles don't stick.

4) Once the sausage is browned, pour the sauce in the pan with it.  Keep at medium heat for 5 minutes covered. Once the 5 minutes are up, keep lid on and let simmer until ready to serve.
5) Once noodles are ready, immediately drain them.

6) Serve with parmesan if desired, I recommend freshly graded.


After you have decorated your plate, take 2 deep breaths.  Close your eyes and feel your fingers, give thanks to your body and your hands for having the ability to create such beauty.  As you eat, taste the sage, feel the sauce massage your tongue, welcome the noodles to your mouth, and smile you just made spaghetti.

"Love what you make, indulge with your heart" -A Taste of Satori

No comments:

Post a Comment